Our lives depend on the relationships we have. Our relationships with our family and friends have great impact on our personal life where as relationships at the workplace controls our career. Relationships are like baby trees. You have to nurture them, keep them clean and protected. Otherwise they will become dull and eventually, dead. You certainly don’t want your relations to become dull or dead.
Our relationships are most affected by our hectic work schedules and busy life. Your problems are never only yours. They affect your relationships very badly. Sometimes a bad relationship can become an unbearable burden to you. That’s why it is so important to keep your relationships healthy and transparent. With our extra busy life it’s not easy to take care of the relationships. But there are some steps we can follow to keep our relationships healthy.
Steps of keeping a healthy relationship:
- Don’t avoid a problem in a relationship. If any problem occurs, speak directly and explain it.
- If you can’t do something, let the person know. Don’t keep your commitments hanging in the air.
- If you are offended by someone’s words or action, tell them directly. Tolerance never does any good.
- Don’t suppress your anger or annoyance for too long. Because if you keep suppressing them, they will just become intolerable and you will outburst. It is not good for your health or your relationship.
- If you can’t support an action or a decision, speak it out. Don’t pressurize yourself to accept something you can’t support.
- Be strong. Don’t give in to someone’s illegitimate demands. Don’t lose your self-respect while trying to please someone else. Don’t pressurize yourself into doing something just in the name of good sport.
- Too much modesty is not good. You don’t have to be too polite. Just keep the necessary respect.
- Never insult yourself trying to socialize or be popular. Always take what’s rightfully yours and respect others rights.
- Let others know what you like and what you don’t. By keeping mum you just insult yourself and your choices.
- You have to stand up for your rights. Learn to be tough when it’s necessary. Sometimes saying ‘NO’ to an unjust demand is the best you can do.
There will always be problems in life. It’s the same with relationships. There will be bumps in the road. Sometimes you will be able to solve them; sometimes they will knock you down. But if you try to avoid them, it will just increase pressure on your mind, create distances, and harm your relationship. In the ride of life, your relationships will ride along with you all the time. And if you keep your relationships healthy and transparent, they will be your aid in the troublesome times. If you don’t, they can add more problems to your already troubled life. You have to decide what you want your relationships to be- your savior or your burden.
Peace Out 🙂